Apeks once again takes the lead in the game as we enter 2020, with an upgraded version of their range-topper MTX-R high performance regulator. The new MTX-RC adds a Venturi lever and a cracking resistance control to the MTX-R, allowing divers to fine tune the performance of the regulator to conditions they are diving in.
Let’s not forget, fine tuning doesn’t just mean tuning up of a regulator already tuned to perfection for extreme cold water diving, but also tuning down when such performance isn’t required.
Just like its sibling the “R”, this regulator performs fabulously and looks great with its grey and satin finish colour scheme with or without an ‘octopus’. More over the regulator second and first stage are nitrox compatible up to 40%.
Users can purchase the MTX-RC as a recrational set consisting of 1st and 2nd stage as well as yellow octopus or purchase the MTX-RC 1st Stage and/or MTX-RC 2nd Stage separately to use with any single or double tank setup.
“In use, the MTX-RC provides a sublime breathe. With the cracking resistance dialled fully open and the venturi set to ?dive?, inhalation is effortless and silky smooth, regardless of orientation, but in situations where you need to temper this performance ? in extreme cold water, for instance, or if you were using a powerful scooter, you can increase the cracking resistance, which in its highest setting is more akin to the original MTX-R.”
Mark Evans, Scuba Diver Magazine Issue #34 Exclusuve Review of the Apeks MTX-RC
MTX-RC 2nd Stage Specs at a glance:
- High performance, pneumatically balanced, lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, diver friendly self-flushing controllable purge button.
- Front cover with over-moulded elastomer incorporates a formed chrome plated brass plate improving durability.
- Large protective elastomer bumpers on the side and on the top to protect from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece.
- Ergonomic and simple to use venturi lever.
- Breathing resistance control.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible up to 40% outside the EU.
MTX-RC 1st Stage Specs at a glance:
- Suitable for cold water use (below 10C / 50F)
- The 5th 3/8 UNF medium pressure port includes a protective bumper when not in use.
- Forged first stage body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Angled HP ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Forged rotating turret with medium pressure ports in a parallel direction for improved hose orientation.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union).